Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake
Holy Heaven… Finally Nick and I went to the Cheesecake Factory, I’d never been before just because it hadn’t been something looming over me like I’d regret it for the rest of my life if I never went there…
Now that I’ve had it, I will regret if I never go back. I could write a long post about how amazing the bread was, how delicious my giant burger was and the amazing sweet potato fries were (which, they were.) However, I won’t because that’s not what’s important… what’s important was Oreo Cheesecake.. Oreo. Cheesecake.
So I need to type it again? Because I can… Ok, fine. Seriously though, if you’ ever never had it, NOW is the time. I’ve never had a more delicious Cheesecake in my entire life. It was so delicious and made me want more but by the end of it I was also the most full I’ve ever been in my entire life. Bottom line, it was speechlessly delicious. Therefore, we had to make it! Here’s the recipe for Oreo Cheesecake.
Makes one 9″ cake
1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs,
2 tablespoons melted butter,
3 – 8oz blocks cream cheese (1 1/2 lbs),
1 cup sugar,
5 large eggs,
1/4 teaspoon salt,
2 teaspoons vanilla,
1/4 cup flour,
1 cup sour cream,
5 Oreo cookies (coarsely chopped),
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan. Cover bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides with crumbs. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
3. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep mixer on a low setting during the mixing and beating process. Add sugar gradually and continue beating cream cheese until mixed through. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat until blended. Stir vanilla, salt and flour into cream cheese and egg mixture. Add the sour cream.
4. Fold in the 5 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies with a rubber spatula. Pour mixture into springform pan.
5. Bake for 1 hr 15 minutes. Turn off the oven, prop the door open several inches and let the cheese cake stay in the oven for one hour.
6. Decorate with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and Oreos.
Don’t forget to enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!