Olive Garden Breadsticks
I mean… come on… these are the best, are they not? Half the time I have half a basket gone by the time the salad comes (okay, okay, it’s before we order…) Nick usually has to actively stop me from eating too many. I’m a carbs person, it’s hard to help myself.
So, naturally we wanted to find out how to make these bad boys so that I could have my fill of carbs whenever I want. It takes a bit of time and dedication to get them made but that’s basically any bread and these are so, so worth it.
1 1/2 cup warm Water
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Yeast
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 tsp Salt
4 cup Flour
4 tbsp melted Butter
1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Kosher Salt
1. Combine oil, water, sugar, salt and yeast in bowl of mixer.
2. Leave sitting for 10 minutes to allow yeast to bloom.
3. Gradually add flour while mixing on low until the dough forms a ball.
4. Spray a bowl with non stick spray and transfer dough to bowl.
5. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and place in a warm place to allow dough to double (about 1 hour).
6. Grease baking sheets.
7. Turn out dough on a floured surface.
8. Roll out dough into a large rectangle.
9.Cut in half, and then cut into 1″ thick strips.
10. Roll and shape each strip into roughly 1′ x 8″ sticks.
11. Place on prepared sheets about 2″ apart.
12. Cover and place in a warm spot for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
13. Preheat oven to 350.
14. Stir garlic powder into melted butter.
15. Brush breadsticks with butter and sprinkle with kosher salt.
16.Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
17. Brush finished breadsticks with remaining butter before serving.
Melt in your mouth Breadsticks right out of your oven!